About AgEd Today News
Comprehensive. Flexible. Affordable. The AgEd Today feature is a must for busy ag teachers and students who want a convenient way to keep up with agricultural news.
- AgEd Today - agriculture-related stories updated daily during the school year. Don't worry if you miss a day. We keep these files for two weeks.
- Weekly Current Events Quiz - questions from the week's daily news reports. Answers are only available with teacher passwords.
- I Read That! - an interactive game version of the weekly quiz. Only available with teacher passwords.
- Timely Topics - special reports with links to related AgEdNet.com lessons and other websites. Timely Topics are archived for future use.
- News Review Worksheet - printer-friendly news review worksheet. Pick a story from AgEd Today, then dig deeper.
Ways to use the AgEdNet.com features:
- Some teachers print out the daily news for students to read during the start of class or during roll call.
- Students can read the news in a computer lab or at their home computer for extra credit.
- Students preparing for speeches or ag issues competition often print stories related to their topic for background reference and information.
- The weekly quiz can be used for extra credit points or as part of an independent study program.
- Use the "I Read That" news game for an interactive, fun classroom activity.
- Use the news review worksheet to help students analyze the news stories they read. Writing answers in complete sentences will help improve writing skills as well.
To subscribe to AgEdNet.com or
for a "free trial,"
call us toll-free at 800-236-7862.
Back to top